Casa Cody Historic Inn

The Casa Cody complex is an eclectic collection of four parcels, eight buildings and numerous historic elements. the modestly scaled early California ranch buildings were constructed from the 1900s through the 1950s and are surrounded by mature trees, extensive citrus and bougainvilleas, open lawns, pool areas and perimeter stone and masonry walls. Highlights of the property include a 1930s ranch style L-shaped wing designed by architect Myron Hunt and built by Vassar-educated Harriet Cody, then the widow of architect Harold William Cody, who was related to Buffalo Bill Cody. During the second World War this building housed several of General Patton's officers training for the North African Campaign. Other highlights are a 1910s Adobe House (pictured above), once the playground of opera star Lawrence Tibbit and Charlie Chaplin, the 1930s Winter House, and a small cottage relocated from the 1932 Los Angeles Summer Olympic Village which served as one of the first hotel rooms. There are also portions of a native stone wall and irrigation ditch commissioned by Judge John McCallum, Palm Springs' first non-indian settler, whose vision to make Palm Springs and agricultural hub was ruined by a dreadful ten-year drought during the 1890s.

Palm springs Preservation Foundation
in recognition of Casa Cody Inn's designation
as a Class 1 Historic Site, October 15, 2008.

Harriett Cody
Charlie Chaplin
Lawrence Tibbett
Tom Mix
FOR RESERVATIONS and INFORMATION CALL:

760-320-9346

Casa Cody B&B Country Inn

175 South Cahuilla Road
Palm Springs, CA 92262
Phone: 760-320-9346
FAX: 760-323-4994
E-mail:casacody@aol.com